NUMBER 5 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, WALL AND LAMP

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1378980

Date first listed: 10-Jun-1954

Statutory Address: NUMBER 5 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, WALL AND LAMP, 5, THE GROVE

Map

Ordnance survey map of NUMBER 5 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, WALL AND LAMP
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1378980 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Jan-2019 at 18:34:43.

Location

Statutory Address: NUMBER 5 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, WALL AND LAMP, 5, THE GROVE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Camden (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 28178 87295

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CAMDEN

TQ2887SW THE GROVE 798-1/5/1608 (West side) 10/06/54 No.5 and attached railings, wall and lamp

GV II

Semi-detached house. Original house c1688 built by William Blake; rebuilt, retaining general appearance c1933 by CH James. Red brick with plain brick band at 1st floor level and below parapet. 3 storeys and basement. 4 windows and single window recessed bay to left. Wooden doorcase with shaped brackets to hood; panelled door and radial patterned overlight. Flush framed sashes with exposed boxing; ground and 2nd floors with segmental arches, 2nd floor has flat arches. INTERIOR: not inspected but noted that little remains of the original - during rebuilding some sections of early C18 wallpaper were found beneath painted deal panelling. SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: attached cast-iron railings to areas and forecourt on low brick wall. Gateway with lamp overthrow and lantern. (Survey of London: Vol. XVII, The Village of Highgate, Part I: London: -1936: 77-94; RCHME: London, Vol. II, West London: London: -1925: 90).





Listing NGR: TQ2817887295

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 478343

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Survey of London' in The Village of Highgate The Parish of St Pancras Part 1: Volume 17 , (1936), 77-94
Other
Inventory of the historical monuments in London Volume 2 West London excluding Westminster Abbey, (1925)

End of official listing