MONUMENT TO ANNA MARIA CROUCH IN CHURCHYARD OF ST NICHOLAS OF MYRA

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1380392
Date first listed:
26-Aug-1999
Statutory Address:
MONUMENT TO ANNA MARIA CROUCH IN CHURCHYARD OF ST NICHOLAS OF MYRA, CHURCH STREET
Statutory Address:
MONUMENT TO ANNA MARIA CROUCH IN CHURCHYARD OF ST NICHOLAS OF MYRA, DYKE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of MONUMENT TO ANNA MARIA CROUCH IN CHURCHYARD OF ST NICHOLAS OF MYRA
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1380392 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Jun-2019 at 16:49:18.

Location

Statutory Address:
MONUMENT TO ANNA MARIA CROUCH IN CHURCHYARD OF ST NICHOLAS OF MYRA, CHURCH STREET
Statutory Address:
MONUMENT TO ANNA MARIA CROUCH IN CHURCHYARD OF ST NICHOLAS OF MYRA, DYKE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
The City of Brighton and Hove (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 30785 04521

Details

BRIGHTON

TQ3004NE CHURCH STREET 577-1/32/1171 (South side) Monument to Anna Maria Crouch in churchyard of Church of St Nicholas of Myra

GV II

Includes: Monument to Anna Maria Crouch in churchyard of Church of St Nicholas of Myra DYKE ROAD. Tomb to Anna Maria Crouch, actress and singer. Signed and dated 'COADE AND SEALY LONDON 1806'. Stone. Approx 15m north-east of the east end of the church. Base of stone in the form of 2 steps, Coade stone table tomb now partly repaired in composition stone; the tomb has a moulded plinth, centre brought forward with an inscribed tablet, and a bay-leaf frieze; it is surmounted by a Classical vase with gadrooning, Vitruvian frieze, putti and massive finial now partly destroyed; railings missing.



Listing NGR: TQ3078504521

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
480505
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].