BAPTIST CHAPEL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1382787
Date first listed:
02-Aug-1972
Statutory Address:
BAPTIST CHAPEL, VILLAGE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of BAPTIST CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1382787.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Feb-2020 at 15:35:09.

Location

Statutory Address:
BAPTIST CHAPEL, VILLAGE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Warwickshire
District:
Stratford-on-Avon (District Authority)
Parish:
Temple Grafton
National Grid Reference:
SP 12742 54896

Details

TEMPLE GRAFTON

SP15SW VILLAGE STREET 1931-1/3/80 (South side (off)) 02/08/72 Baptist Chapel

GV II

Baptist chapel. 1864 on site of Moravian chapel. Coursed dressed blue lias with alternating narrow courses, and brick outshut; steeply pitched old tile roof. EXTERIOR: single storey; 3-window range with lean-to outshut to left return. Gabled porch to right has round-headed entrance with ovolo-moulded architrave to fanlight with radial glazing bars over 4-flush-panel door; segmental-headed window above, lighting gallery stair, has cambered arch with key block over small-paned glazing. Main elevation with 2 round-headed windows with plastered sills and small-paned fixed glazing with opening panes. Outshut to left has segmental-headed entrance with plank door. Returns have high round-headed windows. Rear has round-headed windows. INTERIOR: roof ceiled over collars of 2 hammerbeam trusses with stop-chamfered members; wainscoting; gallery has 2 timber columns and stick balusters over fielded panels; dais has turned balusters over fielded panelling and lamps on metal columns. Porch has winding stone stair with stick balusters over fielded panelling. (Leaflet on chapel in District Council records: 1983-).





Listing NGR: SP1274254896

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
483173
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 01 Aug 2004
Reference: IOE01/12978/16
Rights: Copyright IoE Helmut Schulenburg. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].