BROADSTONE CHAPEL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1383354
Date first listed:
29-Feb-2000
Statutory Address:
BROADSTONE CHAPEL, BROADSTONE

Map

Ordnance survey map of BROADSTONE CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1383354.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Feb-2020 at 20:30:25.

Location

Statutory Address:
BROADSTONE CHAPEL, BROADSTONE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Shropshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Munslow
National Grid Reference:
SO 54465 89784

Details

MUNSLOW

SO58NW BROADSTONE 1312-1/11/154 Broadstone Chapel

II

Church, formerly chapel to Munslow, and formerly C17 agricultural building with bi-annual church services until 1843 restoration. Stone rubble with ashlar quoins and dressings to openings, all dating from c1843. Plain-tile roof with bellcote gable at the west end. PLAN: rectangular plan incorporating integral nave and chancel. EXTERIOR: east gable has single lancet. North wall has 3 round-headed lancets. South wall has 2 lancets and a pointed arched doorway to left with boarded door. West gable has shallow stepped buttress incorporating single lancet and terminating with an ashlar-coped bellcote. INTERIOR: 3-bay roof, with 2 bays of single trenched-purlin type and the west bay with double-trenched purlin. 3 internal trusses of twin vertical struts and collar, that to the west having raking struts, and chamfered tie beams with simple stop chamfers. Small pulpit incorporating C17 carved panelling. Plain chalice font from 1843. (An Architectural Account of the Churches of Shropshire: Cranage D H S: 1895-).





Listing NGR: SO5446589784

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
483772
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Cranage, DHS , An Architectural Account of the Churches of Shropshire, (1908)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 31 Jul 2007
Reference: IOE01/16778/26
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Richard Summers. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].