SECTION OF WALL BOUNDING CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS ON SOUTH

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1384561

Date first listed: 11-Jul-1983

Statutory Address: SECTION OF WALL BOUNDING CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS ON SOUTH, WALLGATE

Map

Ordnance survey map of SECTION OF WALL BOUNDING CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS ON SOUTH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1384561 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2018 at 14:18:41.

Location

Statutory Address: SECTION OF WALL BOUNDING CHURCHYARD OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS ON SOUTH, WALLGATE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wigan (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SD 58154 05637

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WIGAN

SD5805NW WALLGATE 24-1/7/111 (West side (off)) 11/07/83 Section of wall bounding churchyard of Church of All Saints on south

GV II

Boundary wall to part of churchyard. Probably C18 or earlier. A re-entrant salient. Coursed sandstone rubble. Varying height of approx 4m. Forming 2 walls of stone-slated outbuilding outside churchyard (former brewery to rear of Bees knees Public House) but extending to south-west of this and surmounted for this portion by fenestration of the former brewery. North section of wall incorporates re-cut stone tablet inscribed "This wall was finished by GO:IS:CH:WA: Anno 1783"; west section of wall incorporates plaque with raised oval panel inscribed "B / M * W / 1809". Forms group with Church of All Saints (qv).



Listing NGR: SD5815405637

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 484996

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing