Heritage Category:
Listed Building
List Entry Number:
Date first listed:
Statutory Address:


© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1385410.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 26-Sep-2020 at 13:36:35.


Statutory Address:

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

Greater London Authority
Southwark (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 32553 80414


CLINK STREET TQ 3280 SE . Winchester Wharf 636/17/10151 II Warehouse buildings, formerly two buildings later linked. Built after 1814 and probably soon after 1827 as two buildings, A to the west and B to the east. B has an internal timber dated 1836 with the initial NR. Painted brick, mainly in Flemish bond with English bond interior but some C20 patching, with hipped slate roof of two parallel ranges to A, former hipped roof to B removed in late C20. Four storeys. A has cambered openings with C20 windows and central bay of loading doors. Ground floor has C20 door and right window inserted into larger altered opening with flat cement lintel. Rear elevation is similar built central hoists have been filled in with brickwork, B with engineering brick, though A retain wooden support. Interior has original floorboards, dragon ties and roof with scientific kingpost with carvings too elaborate to be carpenters marks. B is of 3 x 3 bays with similar chamfered upright posts but the head posts are straight and some beams have elaborate secondary supports. Waterfront warehouses of this date in London are now a rarity and so are wooden supports.

Listing NGR: TQ3255780413


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
Legacy System:


This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 08 Apr 2007
Reference: IOE01/16370/26
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Stephen Richards. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].