BEESTON'S GIFT ALMSHOUSES

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1385444
Date first listed:
27-Sep-1972
Statutory Address:
BEESTON'S GIFT ALMSHOUSES, CONSORT ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BEESTON'S GIFT ALMSHOUSES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1385444 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2019 at 06:17:51.

Location

Statutory Address:
BEESTON'S GIFT ALMSHOUSES, CONSORT ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Southwark (London Borough)
Parish:
Non Civil Parish
National Grid Reference:
TQ3475175824

Details

TQ3475 636-1/13/256 27/09/72

SOUTHWARK CONSORT ROAD (West side) Beeston's Gift Almshouses

GV II

Terrace of 7 almshouses in unified composition. 1834. For the Girdlers' Company, 1834. Stucco with low-pitched slate roof behind cornice and parapet with raised central section inscribed: "Beeston's Gift Alms Houses". Tall, grouped, hexagonal chimneys. Composition later enclosed on either side of garden with separate 1-storey ranges (mid-C20). EXTERIOR: 2 storeys, 12 bays, the outer bays gabled and slightly set forward. Tudor-style doors beneath oblong panels with ornamental shields alternate with ground-floor windows in central 10-bay section. Square hood moulds to all ground-floor openings and upper windows in gable ends. Tudor-style mullioned and transomed 4-light windows with glazing bars, those to ground-floor of gable ends 6-light. 1st-floor sill string to central section. INTERIOR: not inspected.

Listing NGR: TQ3475175824

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
470841
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 26 Mar 2002
Reference: IOE01/07256/10
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David March. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email E[email protected].