RAILWAY VIADUCT AND ADJOINING REVETMENTS IMMEDIATELY NORTH WEST OF BEWDLEY RAILWAY STATION

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1386197
Date first listed:
05-Nov-1998
Statutory Address:
RAILWAY VIADUCT AND ADJOINING REVETMENTS IMMEDIATELY NORTH WEST OF BEWDLEY RAILWAY STATION, KIDDERMINSTER ROAD

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1386197.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Apr-2021 at 21:13:58.

Location

Statutory Address:
RAILWAY VIADUCT AND ADJOINING REVETMENTS IMMEDIATELY NORTH WEST OF BEWDLEY RAILWAY STATION, KIDDERMINSTER ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Worcestershire
District:
Wyre Forest (District Authority)
Parish:
Bewdley
National Grid Reference:
SO 79091 75420

Details

SO 7975 BEWDLEY KIDDERMINSTER ROAD WRIBBENHALL 1618/11/10007 Railway Viaduct and adjoining Revetments immediately NW of Bewdley Railway Station

GV II

Railway viaduct. 1859-60; by Sir John Fowler and Henry Bridgeman, for the Severn Valley Railway Company. New red sandstone ashlar with brick arches and repairs. Eight bays. The principal bay at the NW end has a segmental skew arch with rusticated sandstone voussoirs, imposts and is flanked by pilasters. The other seven arches to the SE have brick round arch rings, the piers with sandstone imposts. Sandstone parapets with string and terminal piers. At the NW end the embankment is supported by a revetment extending for about 60 metres. Some later buttresses.



Listing NGR: SO7909175420

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
471622
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 21 Aug 2002
Reference: IOE01/08176/21
Rights: Copyright IoE Miss Ann Thomas. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].