MORTUARY ON NORTH SIDE OF THE OLD CEMETERY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1388479
Date first listed:
08-Jul-1991
Statutory Address:
MORTUARY ON NORTH SIDE OF THE OLD CEMETERY, CANWICK ROAD

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1388479.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 05-Mar-2021 at 16:41:00.

Location

Statutory Address:
MORTUARY ON NORTH SIDE OF THE OLD CEMETERY, CANWICK ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
Lincoln (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SK 98248 70170

Details

LINCOLN

SK97SE CANWICK ROAD 1941-1/2/451 (East side) 08/07/91 Mortuary on north side of the Old Cemetery

GV II

Mortuary, now a mess room. 1856. Probably by Michael Drury. Brick, clad with rockfaced stone, with hipped concrete tile roof and a side wall stack with octagonal flue. Gothic Revival style. Chamfered plinth, sill band, moulded eaves, canted corners with buttresses. Single storey, 2 bays. South front has a central buttress flanked to left by a moulded doorway and to right by 2 blocked pointed arched windows, all with hoodmoulds. In the canted corner, a blocked roundel. West end has a gabled dormer with a stepped 3-light pointed arched window. INTERIOR not inspected. Included for group value. The cemetery was laid out by Henry Goddard.



Listing NGR: SK9824870170

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
485924
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 08 Jun 2005
Reference: IOE01/14391/05
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David Brown. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].