LEIGH-PEMBERTON HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1388487

Date first listed: 08-Oct-1953

Date of most recent amendment: 20-Dec-1999

Statutory Address: LEIGH-PEMBERTON HOUSE, 8, CASTLE HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of LEIGH-PEMBERTON HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1388487 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Jan-2019 at 10:03:30.

Location

Statutory Address: LEIGH-PEMBERTON HOUSE, 8, CASTLE HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: Lincoln (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: SK 97634 71824

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LINCOLN

SK9771NE CASTLE HILL 1941-1/9/71 (North side) 08/10/53 No.8 Leigh-Pemberton House (Formerly Listed as: CASTLE HILL (North side) No.8 and No.1 Bailgate (Leigh-Pemberton House))

GV II*

Merchant's house, now offices. c1543, extensively restored 1929 and 1970. Timber framing, with arch braces, plastered nogging, rubble plinth and plain tile roof with a brick valley stack. 2 jettied floors with brackets on south and east fronts. Triple gabled south front, to Castle Hill, has to left a late C18 bow window with glazing bars, flanked to left by a half-glazed door. To right, a restored 2-light fixed window and a segment headed close-boarded door. Above, on each floor, three C20 leaded casements with 2 and 3 lights. East front, to Bailgate, 2 bays, has a close boarded door flanked by fixed lights with glazing bars. Above, on each floor, 2 leaded casements with 2 and 3 lights. South-east corner has an original post with carved figure and bracket. INTERIOR has jowled posts, some with arch braces, dragon beams, and is known to have crownpost roofs. (Buildings of England : Lincolnshire: Pevsner N: Lincolnshire: London: 1989-: 517).





Listing NGR: SK9763471824

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 485932

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Harris, J, Antram, N, The Buildings of England: Lincolnshire, (1989), 517

End of official listing