STATUE OF GEORGE III 30 METRES SOUTH OF NORTH WALL OF LINCOLN CASTLE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1388493
Date first listed:
08-Jul-1991
Statutory Address:
STATUE OF GEORGE III 30 METRES SOUTH OF NORTH WALL OF LINCOLN CASTLE, CASTLE HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of STATUE OF GEORGE III 30 METRES SOUTH OF NORTH WALL OF LINCOLN CASTLE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1388493 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Sep-2019 at 06:00:54.

Location

Statutory Address:
STATUE OF GEORGE III 30 METRES SOUTH OF NORTH WALL OF LINCOLN CASTLE, CASTLE HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
Lincoln (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SK 97507 71914

Details

LINCOLN

SK9771NE CASTLE HILL 1941-1/9/66 Statue of George III, 30m south of 08/07/91 north wall of Lincoln Castle

GV II

Incomplete statue of George III. 1810. Designed by Mrs Coade and modelled by Joseph Panzetta for the Earl of Buckingham. Coade stone. Large than life size. The remains of a statue placed on Dunston Pillar in 1810 to replace the lantern. The statue was resited and the pillar reduced in height during World War II, because of danger to low flying aircraft. (Buildings of England : Lincolnshire: Pevsner N: Lincolnshire: London: 1989-: 261).





Listing NGR: SK9750771914

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
485938
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Harris, J, Antram, N, The Buildings of England: Lincolnshire, (1989), 261

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 21 Sep 2004
Reference: IOE01/12789/31
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Derek E. Godson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].