CONDUIT 20 METRES SOUTH WEST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY LE WIGFORD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1388598

Date first listed: 08-Oct-1953

Statutory Address: CONDUIT 20 METRES SOUTH WEST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY LE WIGFORD, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CONDUIT 20 METRES SOUTH WEST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY LE WIGFORD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1388598 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Jan-2019 at 10:19:45.

Location

Statutory Address: CONDUIT 20 METRES SOUTH WEST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY LE WIGFORD, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: Lincoln (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: SK 97467 70952

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LINCOLN

SK9770NW HIGH STREET 1941-1/14/175 (East side) 08/10/53 Conduit 20m south west of Church of St Mary le Wigford

GV II*

Conduit, now disused. c1540. Assembled from C15 worked stone fragments from Whitefriars Priory. Roof not visible. Diagonal buttresses, chamfered plinth, band formed from heads of canopies, coped parapet and gables with quatrefoil frieze and ball finials. Rectangular, approx. 3m long. West side and both gables have sections of blind arcade, 4 bays. Below the west one, a round headed recess for the spout. East side has 3 corbels and a close boarded door. Scheduled Ancient Monument, County No.22. (Buildings of England : Lincolnshire: Pevsner N: Lincolnshire: London: 1989-: 525).





Listing NGR: SK9746770952

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 486043

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Harris, J, Antram, N, The Buildings of England: Lincolnshire, (1989), 525

End of official listing