15, MINSTER YARD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1388661

Date first listed: 08-Oct-1953

Statutory Address: 15, MINSTER YARD

Map

Ordnance survey map of 15, MINSTER YARD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1388661 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Jan-2019 at 18:24:15.

Location

Statutory Address: 15, MINSTER YARD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: Lincoln (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: SK 97880 71730

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LINCOLN

SK9771NE MINSTER YARD 1941-1/9/238 (South side) 08/10/53 No.15

GV II*

House. c1811, incorporating fragments of a medieval building in the south wall and east gable. Built by William Willson, joiner. Ashlar, with stone dressings and plain tile roof with 2 rendered gable stacks. EXTERIOR: plinth, modillion eaves, keystone lintels. Moulded string course to east gable. 2 storeys plus attics, 3 bays. North front has a pedimented wooden doorcase with a part-glazed panelled door and overlight, flanked by single glazing bar sashes. Above the door, a smaller sash with a shield above it with the arms of Buckingham. To the left, a larger sash. To right, a canted wooden oriel window on a stone bracket, with a dentilled cornice. Above again, to the left, a hipped dormer with a 2-light casement. East gable has a shield above, inscribed with a cross. INTERIOR has a central entrance hall with open well stair with winders, turned newel, ramped and scrolled handrail, and 2 stick balusters per tread. Main ground floor rooms have moulded cornices, later C19 wooden fireplaces, and 6-panel doors. Corresponding first floor rooms have similar cornices and doors. The right room has a semicircular shell niche with moulded round arch and shaped shelf, and a mid C19 marble fireplace. C19 single purlin roof with collars. Stone lined cellar has early C19 wine bins and reused timber joists. (Jones S: The Survey of Ancient Houses in Lincoln: Lincoln: 1987-: 36-39; Report and overall assessment of listable quality: Hewlings R: Secular properties..... in Lincoln Minster Close: London: 1987-).





Listing NGR: SK9788071730

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 486122

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Hewlings, R, Secular properties in Lincoln Minster Close, (1987)
Jones, , Major, , Varley, , The Survey of Ancient Houses in Lincoln (2nd fascicule), (1987), 36-39

End of official listing