NEW LIFE CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1388720

Date first listed: 15-Aug-1973

Statutory Address: NEW LIFE CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP, NEWLAND

Map

Ordnance survey map of NEW LIFE CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1388720 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Jan-2019 at 06:47:32.

Location

Statutory Address: NEW LIFE CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP, NEWLAND

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: Lincoln (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: SK 97346 71288

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LINCOLN

SK9771SW NEWLAND 1941-1/11/286 (North side) 15/08/73 New Life Christian Fellowship

GV II*

Former Congregational church. 1876, by Bellamy & Hardy. Interior mainly refitted 1991. Grey and red brick and ashlar, with stone dressings and gabled and hipped slate roof. Cast-iron internal structure. Early English style. PLAN: nave with aisles and galleries, internal porches and lobbies, south-east tower with spire. EXTERIOR: chamfered plinth and string course, cusped first floor band, moulded coped gable with arcaded corbel table, dentilled eaves. West end has gabled buttresses defining the aisles, and at the corners, the former projecting above the gable. In the centre 5 single lancets and 2 intermediate gabled buttresses. Beyond, on either side, 3 lancets. All these have linked hoodmoulds. To left again, a moulded doorway with hoodmould, coped gable and niche above. Above, a central 5-light window with Geometrical tracery, flanked by 2-light windows. Red brick north gable has a wheel window with stone surround and tracery. East and west sides have buttresses and double and triple windows on each floor, with segmental pointed heads. South-east tower, 2 stages, has a canted hipped stair turret to east, gabled angle buttresses, machicolated bell stage and foliage frieze. To south, a moulded doorway with double shafts and coped gable. Above it, 2 quatrefoils. Stair turret has 3 single lancets on each floor. Set back bell stage has diagonal buttresses and on each side, a single lancet opening with shafts and hoodmould. Octagonal broach spire has a single tier of lucarnes with shafts and gable finials. INTERIOR: nave has 5 bay arcades with iron piers, round below the gallery and clustered above, with foliage capitals, moulded arches and hoodmoulds. Panelled gallery around 3 sides, with vine trail frieze. At each end, a patterned stained glass window. North end has a multiple roll moulded arch with hoodmould, and double shaft imposts, with foliage corbels and capitals. Pointed barrel vaulted roof with iron ribs, foliage wall plate and fretted ridge ventilator. Aisles and galleries have leaded windows and lean-to roofs with struts. Stairwells to east and west have wooden cantilever dogleg stairs with turned balusters, that to east with a central



stone pier and roll moulded arches. All fittings removed 1991, apart from original panelled benches in the gallery. (Buildings of England : Lincolnshire: Pevsner N: Lincolnshire: London: 1989-: 502).



Listing NGR: SK9734671288

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 486181

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Harris, J, Antram, N, The Buildings of England: Lincolnshire, (1989), 502

End of official listing