RACECOURSE GRANDSTAND

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1388754

Date first listed: 08-Jul-1991

Statutory Address: RACECOURSE GRANDSTAND, SAXILBY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of RACECOURSE GRANDSTAND
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1388754 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 17:08:21.

Location

Statutory Address: RACECOURSE GRANDSTAND, SAXILBY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: Lincoln (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: SK 95914 71842

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LINCOLN

SK97SE SAXILBY ROAD 1941-1/2/324 (South West side) 08/07/91 Racecourse Grandstand

II

Racecourse grandstand and community centre. 1897, with late C20 alterations. Designed by W Mortimer & Son, built by W Wright. Gault brick, with red brick dressings, stone and cast-iron piers, hipped and gabled corrugated iron roofs with valances. 2 storeys, 12 bays. Open front has wood and concrete terraces and coped brick end walls. Iron piers have scroll brackets. To the right, a half-round gable with the Royal arms, flanked by single triangular gables, all with bargeboards. Rear has an off-centre gabled wing with bargeboards and a side wall stack. Single storey projection with wavy coped parapet and gable over a central window. To the left, a hipped wing, 2 storeys. Between the wings, 3 round headed openings with keystones, with C20 glazed screens and doors. This building is still used occasionally as a grandstand. (Buildings of England : Lincolnshire: Pevsner N: Lincolnshire: London: 1989-: 509).





Listing NGR: SK9591471842

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 486215

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Harris, J, Antram, N, The Buildings of England: Lincolnshire, (1989), 509

End of official listing