GREEN DRAGON PUBLIC HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1388824
Date first listed:
08-Oct-1953
Statutory Address:
GREEN DRAGON PUBLIC HOUSE, 28, 29 AND 30, WATERSIDE NORTH

Map

Ordnance survey map of GREEN DRAGON PUBLIC HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1388824 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2019 at 16:14:43.

Location

Statutory Address:
GREEN DRAGON PUBLIC HOUSE, 28, 29 AND 30, WATERSIDE NORTH

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
Lincoln (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SK 97760 71150

Details

LINCOLN

SK9771SE WATERSIDE NORTH 1941-1/12/394 Nos.28, 29 AND 30 08/10/53 Green Dragon Public House

II

Public house. C16, restored and with additions, 1959. Timber box framing with large arch braces and plastered nogging, brick, and C20 rockfaced stone underbuild. Plain tile roofs. Single external stone side wall stack, C20, and single valley stack. 3 storeys, 4 bays. South front has 2 jettied floors, topped with 4 gables. Central 2-leaf door flanked by 2 leaded casements with wooden mullions, all C20. Above, 4 renewed square wooden oriel windows with 3-light casements. Above again, four 2-light leaded casements. West front, to Thorngate, 3 bays, has 3 leaded casements on each floor. East side, to Broadgate, all C20, has a sham timber framed bay to right. INTERIOR has jowled posts with struts, stud partition walls, and arch braced crown post roofs with collars and spine beams. Much of the timber structure has been renewed. (Buildings of England : Lincolnshire: Pevsner N: Lincolnshire: London: 1989-: 523).





Listing NGR: SK9776071150

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
486285
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, Harris, J, Antram, N, The Buildings of England: Lincolnshire, (1989), 523

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 20 Sep 2004
Reference: IOE01/12457/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David Brown. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].