TRINITY METHODIST MEMORIAL CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1389140
Date first listed:
18-Jan-2001
Statutory Address:
TRINITY METHODIST MEMORIAL CHURCH

Map

Ordnance survey map of TRINITY METHODIST MEMORIAL CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1389140.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Feb-2020 at 16:06:39.

Location

Statutory Address:
TRINITY METHODIST MEMORIAL CHURCH

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Worcestershire
District:
Bromsgrove (District Authority)
Parish:
Lickey and Blackwell
National Grid Reference:
SO 99006 72228

Details

BROMSGROVE

SO97SE BLACKWELL 666/5/10033 Trinity Methodist Memorial Church 18-JAN-01

II



Methodist church. 1882; by John Cotton of Bromsgrove; extended in 1901. Brick, faced in grey and red sandstone with freestone and red brick dressings. Clay plain tile roofs with gabled ends. PLAN: Nave, chancel and tower on north side. In 1901 north and south transepts were added and a large vestry was built in the angle of the south transept and the chapel. EXTERIOR: Lancets with brick hoodmoulds continued as stringcourse. 2-light transept lancets with oval window above; buttress between west lancets. 2-light east window with plate-tracery. Octagonal tower in angle with north transept with shield reliefs in top stage and with octagonal open timber belfry with short shingled spire. Circa late C19 glazed timber porch on north side. INTERIOR: White-painted brick walls. 2-bay arcades to transepts and moulded 2-centred chancel arch. 5-bay nave roof with arch-braced trusses with pierced arcading above the collars. Collar-rafter chancel roof and moulded ribs to sanctuary roof. Wrought-iron altar rail. Polygonal panelled pulpit. Octagonal font on moulded stem. Original benches with shaped ends. Encaustic tiles in chancel. Stained glass windows in memory of Taylor family. Wall paintings on canvas depicting New Testament scenes, in chancel and sanctuary, by Bernard Sleigh, installed in 1913. SOURCES: Crawford, A. Tour in North Worcestershire; Victorian Society.



Listing NGR: SO9900672228

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
486734
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Crawford, A, A Tour in North Worcestershire, (1977)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].