TROW POOL WATER TOWER

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1389392
Date first listed:
22-Aug-2001
Statutory Address:
TROW POOL WATER TOWER

Map

Ordnance survey map of TROW POOL WATER TOWER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1389392.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Jan-2020 at 17:24:03.

Location

Statutory Address:
TROW POOL WATER TOWER

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Oxfordshire
District:
Cherwell (District Authority)
Parish:
Bucknell
National Grid Reference:
SP 54860 24802

Details

BICESTER

1713/0/10030 BUCKNELL 22-AUG-01 Trow Pool Water Tower

II

Water Tower. 1909. Local stone rubble with concrete cap, metal platform and tiled roof. PLAN: Square plan with flared base to each side and corner. Ground level entrance at one face to hollow centre. Upper level for lead tank. Projecting metal platform wraps around at upper level. FA?ADE: Arcaded with one large arch (with keystone, voussoirs and banding) to each face springing from impost that also defines the corner piers flared to base. Two opposite sides: arch is blind with ledge at bottom. '1909' stone date plaque and crest to one blind arch. Other two opposite sides: arch is open to hollow centre with base of arch as slightly recessed wall capped with rough stones. Ground level opening (same detail as large arches) to hollow centre at one face. Above the arches is a wrap-around projecting metal platform supported by 4 brackets to each face, concrete section and hipped roof with flat cap. INTERIOR: One open room at ground level. Upper level for water tank. HISTORY: Built by Major Philip Hunloke to serve the estate Bucknell Manor and the village of Bucknell and used until the 1950s when mains water installed.

Listing NGR: SP5544026119

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
488051
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].