NO. 3 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1394281

Date first listed: 12-Jun-1950

Date of most recent amendment: 15-Oct-2010

Statutory Address: NO. 3 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, 3, PARK STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of NO. 3 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1394281 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 17:50:47.

Location

Statutory Address: NO. 3 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, 3, PARK STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bath and North East Somerset (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: ST 74432 65693

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

PARK STREET 656-1/29/1190 (West side) No.3 and attached railings (Formerly Listed as: PARK STREET (West side) Nos.1-9 (Consec)) 12/06/50

GV II

House. Completed 1791. By John Palmer, built by Thomas Bartlett. MATERIALS: Limestone ashlar to front, rubble to rear. Welsh slate double pile parapeted mansard roof with coped gable wall to left with two ashlar stacks with some early clay pots. Staircase to front. EXTERIOR: Three storeys, attic and basement, two-window range. First floor has two six/six-sashes lengthened by three fixed panes below in plain reveals with stone sills and wrought iron balconettes, second floor has two six/six-sashes in plain reveals with stone sills, ground floor has one four/four horned sash in plain reveal with stone sill and wrought iron balconette to left, to right six-panel door with flush and raised and fielded panels and two upper panels glazed in pedimented Doric doorcase with wrought iron gate attached, pennant paved crossover, small C20 window to right of door. Basement has six/six-sash in plain reveal with stone sill, plank door with overlight and small window in ashlar infilling under crossover, no area steps. Single dormer with six/six-sash. Band course over ground floor, frieze, moulded eaves cornice and coped parapet. Lead hopperhead and downpipe to left. Rear elevation has three C19 plate glass horned sashes, narrower to left and right, in plain reveals with continuous stone sills to ground floor, first floor and second floor, wrought iron balcony with zinc roof to first floor, small C20 windows to left on each floor, double dormer. INTERIOR: Not inspected. SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: Attached wrought iron railings with shaped cast tops on limestone bases, with C19 wire trellis screen by front door. HISTORY: Part of incomplete St James's Square development on land leased by Fielder, King, Hewlett and Broom from Sir Peter Rivers Gay 25 March 1790; lower part of Park Street forms one of the four diagonal approaches to St James's Square . Underlease of messuage to Thomas Bartlett 30 - 1655 - August 1791 for 96 years from 24 June 1790. SOURCES: Ison W: The Georgian Buildings of Bath: Bath: 1980-: 175; Abstract of title of Sir J F Rivers ... to property sold 1856: DEED PKT 2379 & MAPS.

Listing NGR: ST7443265693

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 509684

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing