NO. 7 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1394285

Date first listed: 12-Jun-1950

Date of most recent amendment: 15-Oct-2010

Statutory Address: NO. 7 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, 7, PARK STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of NO. 7 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1394285 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 12:37:23.

Location

Statutory Address: NO. 7 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, 7, PARK STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bath and North East Somerset (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: ST 74432 65719

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

PARK STREET 656-1/29/1194 (West side) No.7 and attached railings (Formerly Listed as: PARK STREET (West side) Nos.1-9 (Consec)) 12/06/50

GV II

House. Completed 1792 with C19 and C20 additions. By John Palmer, built by Edward Clement. MATERIALS: Limestone ashlar to front, rubble to basement and rear; Welsh slate double pile parapeted mansard roof with coped gable wall to left with two ashlar stacks with some early clay pots. Staircase to front. EXTERIOR: Three storeys, attic, basement and sub-basement, two-window range. First floor has two six/six-sashes with crown glass in plain reveals with stone sills, second floor has two similar windows. Ground floor has one similar window to left, six-panel door to right with flush and raised and fielded panels with two upper panels glazed in pedimented Doric doorcase, two steps to pennant paved crossover with cast iron footscraper. Basement has one six/six-sash in plain reveal with stone sill, grating to sub-basement, C20 door in ashlar infilling under crossover, no area steps. Single dormer with six/six-sash. Band course over ground floor, frieze, moulded eaves cornice, coped parapet. Rear elevation has three six/six-sashes in plain reveals, wrought iron verandah with timber frieze with applied diamond decoration and glazed roof, three sashes, narrower to left and right and with continuous stone sill to second floor and ground floor, with early glazing bars to second floor, Two six/six-sashes in extended dormer, six/six-sash to ground floor. INTERIOR: Not inspected. SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: Attached wrought iron railings with shaped tops on limestone bases. HISTORY: Part of incomplete St James's Square development on land leased by Fielder, King, Hewlett and Broom from Sir Peter Rivers Gay 25 March 1790; lower part of Park Street forms one of the diagonal approaches to St James's Square. Underlease of messuage to Edward Clement 17 January 1792 for 95 1/2 years from 21 December 1791. SOURCES: Ison W: The Georgian Buildings of Bath: Bath: 1980-: 175; - 1663 - Abstract of title of Sir J F Rivers ... to property sold 1856: DEED PKT 2379 & MAPS.

Listing NGR: ST7443265719

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 509689

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing