NO.11 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1394289

Date first listed: 12-Jun-1950

Date of most recent amendment: 15-Oct-2010

Statutory Address: NO.11 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, 11, PARK STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of NO.11 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1394289 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 15:56:59.

Location

Statutory Address: NO.11 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, 11, PARK STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bath and North East Somerset (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: ST 74444 65756

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

PARK STREET 656-1/29/1198 (West side) No.11 & attached railings (Formerly Listed as: PARK STREET (West side) Nos 10-14 (consec) & Nos 12-27 (consec) Park Mansions) 12/06/50

GV II

House. c1790-1793 with C19 and C20 alterations. By John Palmer. MATERIALS: Limestone ashlar to front, rubble to basement, cement render to rear, Welsh slate double pile parapeted mansard roof with coped gable wall to left, two rebuilt ashlar left end stacks shared with No.10 Park Street (qv). EXTERIOR: Three storeys, attic and cellar, single bay three-window range. First floor has three C19 plate glass horned sashes in plain reveals with continuous stone sill, to left and right narrower, second floor has three similar windows. Ground floor has two C19 plate glass horned sashes in plain reveals with continuous stone sill, six-panel door with reeded and raised and fielded panels with two upper panels glazed and late C18/C19 oval iron knocker in Doric doorcase to right. Basement has two six/six-sashes in plain reveals with continuous stone sill, plank door and two-light overlight in ashlar infilling under front doorstep, area steps gone. Double dormer with one plate glass window, one blocked. Band course over ground floor, lintel, moulded eaves cornice and coped parapet. Rear elevation has six/six-sashes to ground floor, first floor and second floor, single six/six and one plate glass sash to double dormer, C19 hanging extension to first floor and second floor, single storey ashlar extension with lead flat roof to ground floor. INTERIOR: Not inspected. SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: Attached railings and gate with urn tops on limestone bases. HISTORY: Part of incomplete St James's Square development on land leased by Fielder, King, Hewlett and Broom from Sir Peter Rivers Gay 25 March 1790; upper part of Park Street commenced to design of John Palmer and continued but not completed to design of John Pinch after 1808, street formerly terminated by All Saints Chapel at top and intended to be continued in a NW direction as Regent Place. SOURCES: Ison W: The Georgian Buildings of Bath: Bath: 1980-: MAP PP 2-3; Abstract of title of Sir J F Rivers ... to property sold 1856: DEED PKT 2379 & MAPS.

Listing NGR: ST7444465756

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 509694

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing