NO.12 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1394290

Date first listed: 12-Jun-1950

Date of most recent amendment: 15-Oct-2010

Statutory Address: NO.12 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, 12, PARK STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of NO.12 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1394290 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 22:17:13.

Location

Statutory Address: NO.12 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, 12, PARK STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bath and North East Somerset (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: ST 74446 65762

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

PARK STREET 656-1/29/1199 (West side) No.12 and attached railings (Formerly Listed as: PARK STREET (West side) Nos 10-14 (consec) & Nos 12-27 (consec) Park Mansions) 12/06/50

GV II

House. c1790-1793 with C19 and C20 alterations. By John Palmer. MATERIALS: Limestone ashlar to front, rubble to basement, limestone ashlar and rubble to rear, Welsh slate double pile parapeted mansard roof with coped gable wall to left and left and right end ashlar stacks to front roof, stacks not visible to rear. EXTERIOR: Three storeys, attic and cellar, three-window range. First floor has three C19 plate glass horned sashes in splayed reveals, second floor has three plate glass windows in splayed reveals with stone sills. Ground floor has two similar horned sashes with stone sills to left, six-panel door to right with flush and raised and fielded panels and C19 iron knocker with decorative fanlight in round headed opening. Basement has two six/six-sashes in plain reveals with continuous stone sill, plank door with overlight in ashlar infilling under front doorstep, C20 area steps. Double dormer with plate glass sashes. Band course over ground floor, wrought iron balcony of rosette design with iron slat floor on six iron brackets let into band course, lintel, moulded eaves cornice and coped parapet. Rear elevation has six/six-sash to ground floor, C19 windows above, mansard built up in ashlar, small single storey extension in ashlar with artificial slate roof. INTERIOR: Not inspected. SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: Attached railings and gate with urn tops on limestone bases. HISTORY: Part of incomplete St James's Square development on land leased by Fielder, King, Hewlett and Broom from Sir Peter Rivers Gay 25 March 1790; upper part of Park Street commenced to design of John Palmer and continued but not completed to design of John Pinch after 1808, street formerly terminated by All Saints Chapel at top and intended to be continued in a NW direction as Regent Place. SOURCES: Ison W: The Georgian Buildings of Bath: Bath: 1980-: MAP PP 2-3; Abstract of title of Sir J F Rivers to property sold 1856: DEED PKT 2379 & MAPS.

Listing NGR: ST7444665762

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 509696

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing