NO.15 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1394293

Date first listed: 12-Jun-1950

Date of most recent amendment: 15-Oct-2010

Statutory Address: NO.15 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, 15, PARK STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of NO.15 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1394293 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 01:05:24.

Location

Statutory Address: NO.15 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, 15, PARK STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bath and North East Somerset (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: ST 74450 65776

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

PARK STREET 656-1/29/1202 (West side) No.15 and attached railings (Formerly Listed as: PARK STREET (West side) Nos 10-14 (consec) and Nos 12-27 (consec) Park Mansions) 12/06/50

GV II

House. c1790-1793 with C19 and C20 alterations. By John Palmer. MATERIALS: Limestone ashlar to front, limestone ashlar and rubble to rear, Welsh slate double pile parapeted mansard roof with coped gable wall to left with ashlar stacks with early clay pots to front and rear roofs. EXTERIOR: Three storeys, attic and basement, three-window range. First floor has three nine/nine-sashes in plain reveals with wrought iron balconettes, second floor has three similar six/six-sashes, ground floor has two similar sashes in plain reveals with stone sills to left, six-panel door with flush and raised and fielded panels and single pane overlight in plain reveal to right, one step to concreted crossover. One double and one single dormer with plate glass and two/two-sashes. Basement openings blocked, C20 area steps. Band course over ground floor, sill band to second floor, moulded cornice and coped parapet, shallow voussoirs forming lintels to ground and first floor windows. Lead hopper and down pipe to right shared with No.16 Park Street (qv). Rear elevation retains early glazing bar sashes to ground, first and second floors, dormers similar to front, two C20 garages attached to ground floor. INTERIOR: Not inspected. SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: Attached wrought iron railings and gate with shaped tops on limestone bases. HISTORY: Part of incomplete St James's Square development on land leased by Fielder, King, Hewlett and Broom from Sir Peter Rivers Gay 25 March 1790; upper part of Park Street commenced to design of John Palmer and continued but not completed to design of John Pinch after 1808; street formerly terminated by All Saints Chapel at top and intended to be continued in a NW direction as Regent Place. SOURCES: Ison W: The Georgian Buildings of Bath: Bath: 1980-: 175; Abstract of title of Sir J F Rivers ... to property sold 1856: DEED PKT 2379 & MAPS.

Listing NGR: ST7445465781

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 509701

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing