NO.26 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1394303

Date first listed: 12-Jun-1950

Date of most recent amendment: 15-Oct-2010

Statutory Address: NO.26 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, 26, PARK STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of NO.26 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1394303 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 08:42:15.

Location

Statutory Address: NO.26 AND ATTACHED RAILINGS, 26, PARK STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bath and North East Somerset (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: ST 74494 65802

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

PARK STREET 656-1/29/1211 (East side) No.26 and attached railings (Formerly Listed as: PARK STREET (East side) Nos 25-28 (consec), Nos 6-11 (consec) Park mansions & Nos 32-36 (consec)) 12/06/50

GV II

House, now flats. From 1808 with C20 alterations. By John Pinch. MATERIALS: Limestone ashlar to front, limestone ashlar and rubble to rear. Double pile parapeted roof not visible to front, clay pantiles to rear, coped wall with two ashlar stacks with some early clay pots to rear. Staircase to rear. EXTERIOR: Four storeys and basement, three window range. First floor has six/nine-sashes in plain reveals with wrought iron balconies (cf. No.25 Park Street, qv), second floor has two six/six-sashes in plain reveals with wrought iron window guards and one similar blind window to centre, third floor has two three/six-sashes in plain reveals with stone sills, one similar blind window to centre. Ground floor has to right two six/six-sashes in plain reveals with stone sills, to left six-panel door with reeded and raised and fielded panels and two upper panels glazed, with overlight in plain reveal with splayed lintel, one step to pennant paved crossover with cast iron footscraper. Basement has two six/six-sashes in plain reveals with stone sills into wrought iron seatings with shaped tops forming guards, C20 half glazed door under crossover, C20 steps. Band course over ground floor forming sill band to first floor windows, sill band to second floor windows, frieze and moulded cornice over second floor, moulded band course and coped parapet. Rear elevation retains early glazing bar sashes to rooms, C19 sashes to staircase, one and 1/2 storey extension to rear. INTERIOR: Not inspected. SUBSIDIARY FEATURES: Attached wrought iron railings and gate with shaped tops on limestone bases. HISTORY: Part of incomplete St James's Square development on land leased by Fielder, King, Hewlett and Broom from Sir Peter Rivers Gay 25 March 1790; upper part of Park Street commenced to design of John Palmer and continued but not completed to design of John Pinch after 1808; street formerly terminated by All Saints Chapel at top and intended to be continued in a NW direction as Regent Place. SOURCES: Ison W: The Georgian Buildings of Bath: London: 1948-: 170.

Listing NGR: ST7449465802

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 509717

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing