PRIOR PARK LODGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1394608

Date first listed: 15-Oct-2010

Statutory Address: PRIOR PARK LODGE, RALPH ALLEN DRIVE

Map

Ordnance survey map of PRIOR PARK LODGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1394608 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Jan-2019 at 16:48:41.

Location

Statutory Address: PRIOR PARK LODGE, RALPH ALLEN DRIVE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bath and North East Somerset (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: ST 76032 62930

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

RALPH ALLEN DRIVE 656-1/38/1363 (East side)

Prior Park Lodge

GV II

Lodge to Prior Park, at main entrance. Probably 1829-1836 as part of improvements by H.E. Goodridge for Bishop Baines. MATERIALS: Limestone ashlar, slate roof. Lodge set to left of main gatepiers (qv), connected by boundary walling, set with broad frontage facing road, and has gabled ends with closed pediments. Two storeys, two windows, all small triple lights with six-pane casements and flat flush stone mullions. Central plank door with blind balustrade over, and a sunken square panel above; plat band at first floor level, moulded sill band to first floor windows, both continued around returns. Low pitched roof with central ridge stack, to broad coped gables with moulded pediment, and with front moulded eaves band returned to close pediments. Left return has blind lights to centre at each level, right return without lights, coped wall with plank door to segmental head with keystone connects to main gateway to right. Rear not seen. INTERIOR: Not inspected. HISTORY: This appears to be later than the other lodges to Prior Park, which were contemporary with the main house, and shares several design features with other Goodridge designs. SOURCE: Gillian Clarke, `Prior Park. A Compleat Landscape┬┐ (Bath 1987), 64-67.

Listing NGR: ST7603262930

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 510008

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing