PARISH BOUNDARY MARKER AT ST7559762404

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1394949

Date first listed: 15-Oct-2010

Statutory Address: PARISH BOUNDARY MARKER AT ST7559762404, ATTACHED TO 190 BRADFORD ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of PARISH BOUNDARY MARKER AT ST7559762404
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1394949 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Jan-2019 at 10:54:08.

Location

Statutory Address: PARISH BOUNDARY MARKER AT ST7559762404, ATTACHED TO 190 BRADFORD ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bath and North East Somerset (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: ST 75597 62404

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BRADFORD ROAD, Combe Down (North side) Parish boundary marker at ST7559762404, attached to 190 Bradford Road

II

Turnpike Trust and parish boundary marker. Dated 1827. Cast-iron. Broad flattened triangular marker, approx 1m high, part buried in pavement, and set against wall at corner of Bradford Road and Combe Road. Date on small raised panel on top, and on raised square panels, to left `COMBE', and to right `WIDCOMBE'; vertically on front `...H TURNPIKE TRUST'. Marker lies directly opposite county boundary marker (qv) on N side of Bradford Road. One of series of such markers erected by the Bath Turnpike Trust in 1827 while J.L.Macadam was engineer.

SOURCES: Civil Engineering Heritage: Sievewright, W.J: Wales and Western England (1986), 106.

Listing NGR: ST7559762404

The asset was previously listed twice also at List entry 1394947. This entry was removed from the List on 18th November 2015.

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 510365

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing