1-24 Ealing Village, Greater London
This is one of a group of five blocks of flats built in 1934 to house film stars making films at the famous Ealing Studios. It demonstrates many features of 1930s architecture; the green pantiles on the roof, the symmetrical design, the white painted exterior with decorative features picked out in contrasting colours. The whole site was designed with large areas of open space and communal facilities such as a swimming pool. It still has a rural feel despite being close to both the main railway line into Paddington station and the North Circular Road.