1-3, Church Street, Wigton, Cumbria
These almshouses were built in 1723 to house 6 widows of clergymen. Each had 3 rooms and an annual pension of £9. The inscription translates as JOHN THOMLINSON ASSISTED BY HIS BROTHER ROBERT PROVIDED PENSIONS AND ERECTED THIS MATRONS' COLLEGE AD 1723 They were sold by the Charity Commissioners in 1884. They have since been used as 3 private houses.