1-6 Church Terrace, Calverhall, Shropshire

1-6 Church Terrace, Calverhall, Shropshire
Photograph taken 10 October 2004 © Mr Les White. Source Historic England Archive ref: 260557

These buildings were built as almshouses. A faded inscription tells us they were founded in 1724 by Katherine Kerr in memory of her husband William. They were refounded in 1887 as is shown by a second inscription. It reads "TO THE GLORY OF GOD / AND IN MEMORY OF / JOHN PEMBERTON HEYWOOD / AND ANNA MARIA HIS WIFE / THE ENDOWMENT OF THESE ALMSHOUSES / WAS IN ACCORDANCE WITH HER WISHES INCURRED / IN THE YEAR 1887 BY THE SUM OF £1400".