15, 17 and 19 Towngate, Penistone, South Yorkshire

15, 17 and 19 Towngate, Penistone, South Yorkshire
Photograph taken 13 April 2003 © Mrs Barbara A West LRPS. Source Historic England Archive ref: 334106

This shows a row of weavers houses. They were built in the late 18th century. Traditionally in weavers homes, the largest room in the building will be used as the weaving workshop.

Location

South Yorkshire Penistone

Period

Georgian (1714 - 1836)

Tags

industry work housing weaving Georgian (1714 - 1836)