19, 19A, 21, 21A Freshwell Street, Saffron Walden, Essex

19, 19A, 21, 21A Freshwell Street, Saffron Walden, Essex
Photograph taken 13 October 2004 © Mr Richard J. Turner. Source Historic England Archive ref: 370537

These almshouses were built in 1881 by G. S. Gibson. George Stacey Gibson was a wealthy banker and philanthropist who gave large amounts of money to the town for social improvements.