24 South Street, Chichester, West Sussex

24 South Street, Chichester, West Sussex
Photograph taken December 1984 © Copyright Crown copyright.NMR ref: BB98/29118

Probably built in the 17th century this timber framed building with 1st floor overhangs was converted into a shop in the early 19th century. It represents the transition from the use of wood to the use of bricks as the main resource in constructing town houses.

Location

West Sussex Chichester

Period

Stuart (1603 - 1713)

Tags

building timber frame reuse shop 1980s (1980 - 1989) street people stuart (1603 - 1713)