251 London Road East, Batheaston, Bath and North East Somerset

251 London Road East, Batheaston, Bath and North East Somerset
Photograph taken 15 July 2002 © Mr Arthur A. Chapman FRICS. Source English Heritag ref: 32116

The parish of Batheaston had its own Poor House, built in 1821, until it became part of the new Bath Poor Law Union in 1836. After that time the poor were housed in Bath's new workhouse. This building is now used as offices.

Location

Bath and North East Somerset Batheaston

Period

Georgian (1714 - 1836)

Tags

poor law workhouse welfare georgian (1714 - 1836)