38-48 Church Lane, East Carlton, Northamptonshire

38-48 Church Lane, East Carlton, Northamptonshire
Photograph taken 02 July 2001 © Mr Peter Lummis. Source Historic England Archive ref: 229826

These almshouses were originally founded by Sir Geoffrey Palmer in 1668. They were known as the Hospital of the blessed Jesus in Carlton. They were for three men and three women. They were rebuilt and more amply endowed by Charlotte Palmer (of East Carlton Hall) in 1868.

Location

Northamptonshire East Carlton

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

almshouse poor charity philanthropy Victorian (1837 - 1901)