4 & 5 Kybald Street, Oxford, Oxfordshire

4 & 5 Kybald Street, Oxford, Oxfordshire
Photograph taken 05 October 2002 © Mr Gary Irvine. Source Historic England Archive ref: 245608

These building were originally almshouses. They were built in 1816. They have the inscription "In fulfilment of the charitable intentions of John Parsons Esq. Alderman of this City who died February 12 1814 this Almshouse for four poor men and four poor women was erected and endowed in the year 1816".

Location

Oxfordshire Oxford

Period

Georgian (1714 - 1836)

Tags

almshouse charity philanthropy social welfare poor Georgian (1714 - 1836)