47-55 Bath Road, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire

47-55 Bath Road, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
Photograph taken 08 October 2000 © Mr David Ross LRPS. Source Historic England Archive ref: 474096

This building was originally the Montpellier Baths. It was built in c1800-10 for a Henry Thompson. He ran the Montpellier Spa from his own home before expanding to these premises. This is a remarkably early and complete example of this type of building.

Location

Gloucestershire Cheltenham

Period

Georgian (1714 - 1836)

Tags

spa water health welfare bathing Georgian (1714 - 1836)