56-68 Church End, Redbourn, Hertfordshire

56-68 Church End, Redbourn, Hertfordshire
Photograph taken 02 October 1999 © Mr Justin Douglas LRPS. Source Historic England Archive ref: 163687

This building was rebuilt in 1790 as one of several parish workhouses. These were later replaced by Union workhouses after the formation of the Poor Law Unions in 1834.

Location

Hertfordshire Redbourn

Period

Georgian (1714 - 1836)

Tags

workhouse poor social welfare Georgian (1714 - 1836)