A Bond Tobacco Warehouse, Cumberland Road, Bristol
This bonded tobacco warehouse was designed by the Docks Committee engineer and built by William Cowlin and Sons in 1905. The 'A' Bond was the first of the 3 similar brick warehouses to be built in the Cumberland Basin. They give a good idea of what a large and busy port Bristol was at the time. Bristol was one of the ports involved in the transatlantic slave trade and had warehouses and factories for tobacco and sugar, both products of the trade.