Abbey Church of Holy Cross with St Edburgha, Pershore, Worcestershire

Abbey Church of Holy Cross with St Edburgha, Pershore, Worcestershire
Photograph taken 05 May 2003 © Mrs Ann Vint LRPS. Source Historic England Archive ref: 474443

The Abbey Church of Holy Cross with St Edburgha was founded in the 7th century. The present building is 11th -13th century with some later-medieval remodelling. There were also some alterations made after the Dissolution. A major restoration was then undertaken in the 1860s by Giles Gilbert Scott.

Location

Worcestershire Pershore

Period

Medieval (Middle Ages) (1066 - 1484)

Tags

church abbey monastery dissolution religion faith architecture victorian medieval (1066 - 1484)