Abbey House, Cathedral School, College Green, Bristol
Abbey house is on the site of the abbey of St Augustine founded in 1140. There is little left of the abbey except the 12th century archway leading into a courtyard. The 17th century house was built on top of the remains. It was gutted by fire in the Second World War. It has since been rebuilt internally and is part of Bristol Cathedral Choir School.