Abbeydale Picture House, Sheffield, South Yorkshire

Abbeydale Picture House, Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Photograph taken 17 April 2006 © Mrs Barbara A West LRPS. Source Historic England Archive ref: 455105

The former cinema was constructed in 1920 by Dixon and Shenley of North Shields. It was built for the Abbeydale Picture House Ltd and was opened by the Lord Mayor of Sheffield on the 20th December 1920. It was used as a cinema until it closed in 1975.

Location

South Yorkshire Sheffield

Period

1920s (1920 - 1929)

Tags

entertainment leisure cinema 1920s (1920 - 1929)