Acklam Hall, Hall Drive, Middlesbrough
This manor house was built around 1680 for Sir William Hustler. It was built in a Palladian style, similar to the style of Inigo Jones and stood within a partly moated site. It was extended in 1845. A dining room and kitchens were added in 1910/12 by W.H. Brierley (York). The Hustler family lived here until the ownership passed to Middlesbrough Corporation in 1928. Since 1935 it has been in public ownership. It has been used as a grammar school, a comprehensive school known as Kings Manor School and one of the sites of Middlesbrough College.