Albert Barracks, Osborne Estate, East Cowes, Isle of Wight
This is a miniature fort and barracks built within the grounds of Osborne House. The fort earthworks were laid out in 1856 by the royal princes as a birthday surprise for Queen Victoria. In 1860 the barracks were built by Prince Arthur who was then 10 years old. He even made the bricks himself. This property is now in the care of English Heritage (2010). Find out more.