Almhouses, Caistor Road, Market Rasen, Lincolnshire
These almshouses were originally built in 1612 by the widow of Sir George St. Pauel (Pole). The will of Sir George St Paule, dated 1612, left £200 towards the building of a hospital (or almshouses) in Market Rasen. It was for 8 poor men over the age of 49 or 50. He left £40 yearly rent from land in Cabourne to maintain it. Arguments over the legacy between his widow, the Countess of Warwick, and his cousin Philip Tirwhit delayed the implementation of the will. It seems to have formally been put into force in 1626. They were completely restored, from ruins, and reoccupied in 1960.