Almshouse, Walton on Thames, Surrey
These almshouses were built in c1912. They are part of the planned community of Whiteley Village. The village was provided by William Whiteley, of Whiteley's stores. He died in 1907 leaving a million pounds for the construction of a village for thrifty old people. The village was laid out on an octagonal plan designed by Frank Atkinson.