Almshouses, Church Street, Market Deeping, Lincolnshire

Almshouses, Church Street, Market Deeping, Lincolnshire
Photograph taken 02 July 2001 © Mr Peter Garratt. Source Historic England Archive ref: 194532

These 6 almshouses were built in 1877 by Edward Browning of Stamford. They were built following a bequest by Miss Mary Ann Scotney to provide for 6 Protestant widows or spinsters

Location

Lincolnshire Market Deeping

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

almshouse charity philanthropy religion poor victorian (1837 - 1901)