Almshouses, Leathley, North Yorkshire

Almshouses, Leathley, North Yorkshire
Photograph taken 01 June 2000 © Mr Andrew Crompton LRPS. Source Historic England Archive ref: 330506

These almshouses were founded in 1769. They have the inscription 'From Desire of Fulfilling to the utmost of Her Ability The Benevolent Intentions of Henry Hitch Esq. This School and Hospital was Erected and Endowed by Ann Hitch His Only Surviving Sister and Executrix. 1769.'

Location

North Yorkshire Leathley

Period

Georgian (1714 - 1836)

Tags

almshouse poor charity philanthropy school Georgian (1714 - 1836)