Angel Hotel, 3 Angel Hill, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk

Angel Hotel, 3 Angel Hill, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
Photograph taken 30 July 2003 © Mr John Giles. Source Historic England Archive ref: 466622

The Angel Hotel was rebuilt in 1774-76 for the Guildhall Feoffees on an earlier Medieval inn site. An arched carriage entrance was added by William Steggles in 1818 and was built over in 1921/2. There is also a 13th century undercroft underneath the hotel.

Location

Suffolk Bury St Edmunds

Period

Georgian (1714 - 1836)

Tags

housing public house Georgian (1714 - 1836)