Apley Park, Stockton, Shropshire
Apley Park was one of the most famous estates in Shropshire. It was the seat of the Whitmore family from 1572. The present Gothic style mansion was built in c1812. It is a fine example of the fashion for the romantic Gothic style of architecture at this time. The parkland was also landscaped at this time. It has since been described by Country Life Magazine as 'one of the finest in the county'.