Arkwright Building, Shakespeare Place, Nottingham

Arkwright Building, Shakespeare Place, Nottingham
Photograph taken 17 March 2005 © Mr Roy Millett AFIAP, APAGB. Source Historic England Archive ref: 458595

This building was originally a university college, public library, technical school and natural history museum. It was built in 1877-81 by Lockwood & Mawson of Bradford. It was then closed for structural repairs 1883-90. It is built in a Gothic revival style of architecture.